Online Safety Course for Staff
Keeping Pace with Social media and Online Safety
Online Child Exploitation: Online Bullying to Online Grooming to Online Reputation to Digital Well Being
Online Safety is about Behaviour, it is The Informed Use of Devices, Sites, Apps & Gaming & Online Behaviour that makes for a Safe Online Environment
Social Media, Apps & Gaming is nothing to be afraid of
Keep Pupils Safe Protect Educators & Safeguard Schools
UK School legal requirements have become ‘demands’ and there is an expectation that schools will educate, inform and make children aware of the possible dangers. The use of technology has become a significant component of many safeguarding issues. Child Online Exploitation sees technology often providing the platform facilitating these forms of exploitation. An effective approach to online safety empowers a school or college to protect and educate the whole school or college community in their use of technology and establish mechanisms to identify, intervene in and escalate any incident where appropriate.
For all students Online Safety is predominantly about ‘behaviour’, therefore knowledge and understanding of online access, connectivity and interaction is essential for all teachers and those involved in safeguarding.
Staff will learn what the Online Dangers are from behaviour, technology and poor judgements, furthermore it will help teachers understand how to protect themselves and the schools legal requirement.
The course can be accessed via multiple devices and browsers, meaning learners can complete at their own convenience
- In this course, you will discover the issue of Online Risk – Danger – Harm, and how recognising and controlling Risk can prevent escalation towards Danger and any subsequent Harm. Online Harm or Exploitation can be defined as Sexual, Physical, Emotional Radical or Online Reputation Damage.
Lessons include interactive quizzes to check the users understanding of Legal Responsibility, Current UK Legal Requirements, Social Media & Gaming Risks Dangers & Harm and Protecting Teachers in the Online World.
Lessons include; An introduction to Social Media for Schools, understanding Schools current Ofsted Guidelines for your School, and how Children & Young Aduts use Social Media & Gaming.
How to Use Online Course
- Each Lesson is between 1 minute & 3 minutes long, and some contain videos which should be selected as part of the lesson.
- Some Lessons have accessible Resources, please click on link, open, save and use for reference.
- At the completion of the Lessons there will be a quiz based on the Lesson content
- Please use this Powerpoint of all Lesson Images to assist with accessing all Lesson Images.
- The Course is accessed via Besafe Online Website to allow for quick and easy access to all Besafe Online Resources and information.
- Use the Course Registration Dashboard to Access Certificates of Completion.
Jonathan Taylor MSc
One Time Use
Single Registration Use – One Time Use
10 User Purchase
Voucher Plan A : 10 User Purchase allows for a school to purchase 10 Vouchers allowing for access to 10 courses (one time use each voucher). Once purchased Besafe Online will supply 10 vouchers for one time use each voucher.
20 User Purchase
Voucher Plan B 20 User Purchase allows for a school to purchase 20 Vouchers allowing for access to 20 courses (one time use each voucher). Once purchased Besafe Online will supply 20 vouchers for one time use each voucher.